Demanding selection requirements and a professional training programme maintain the standards of our teachers.
How teachers are selected, and the requirements for qualified teachersThe teachers are selected by our academic managers and transferred within the network of the International House World Organisation.
This is why the IHWO has established the central portal for hiring teachers, which increases the availability of qualified teachers and makes transfers between the 150 schools worldwide much easier. Our 6-person academic management team is responsible for hiring, training and monitoring our team of teachers.
Required qualifications:Foreign teachers:
- a first university degree
- an internationally recognized certificate in methodology (CELTA, DELTA, Trinity TESOL, IHC)
- a university degree in teaching a particular language; or
- a university degree in a different subject combined with an internationally recognized certificate in methodology (CELTA, DELTA, Trinity TESOL, IHC)
Basic certificates in methodology include:
- CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Trinity CertTESOL (Trinity Colledge London Course in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- IHC in TEFL (International House Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language)