Our teachers represent one of the most important elements in contributing to your satisfaction with our courses. It is therefore paramount for us to employ the best teachers.
How do we hire the teachers and what are the criteria?
- teachers are hired by the DOS (Director of Studies)
- teachers must meet a set of demanding requirements (qualification, experience, references, interview)
- we also use the teachers exchange in form of a transfer within the IHWO network
- foreign teachers must have a higher education degree (at least Bachelor’s degree) and they are required to have passed an
- internationally recognised methodology course.
- Slovak teachers have a higher education degree in pedagogical field (masters)
Our teachers possess a wide range of educational skills, many of them are methodologists or Cambridge exams examiners and they participate in educational conferences as speakers and tutors for other teachers. They bring new innovative methods to their classes, using various resources. The IHWO network puts a lot of emphasis on further teacher education.
Internationally recognised methodological courses include:
- CELTA - University of Cambridge Certificate in Teaching English to Adults
- Cert Tesol - The Trinity Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- IHC - International House Certificate in TEFL
- DELTA - (Cambridge ESOL Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
- TrinityDip TESOL - (Trinity Colledge London Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)