The General English Course
Do you come across English expressions wherever you go and have a feeling you don´t keep up with the times? Or are you with a good chance of being promoted or getting a new job, and all you need is better knowledge of English? Get down to studying the language with us – join an IH Bratislava English course in the city centre and reach your goal.
General English from February 2019 (11.2.-21.6.2019)
English course for beginnersA0 / Beginner
|1st half||Tuesday & Thursday||18:45 - 20:15||418 €||76||ALS_A0|
No need to do the placement test. Contact
|1st half||Tuesday & Thursday||18:45 - 20:15||418 €||76||ALS_A11|
|2nd half||Monday & Wednesday||17:10 - 18:40||385 €||70||ALS_A12|
|1st half||Tuesday & Thursday||7:15 - 8:45||418 €||76||ALS_A21|
|2nd half||Tuesday & Thursday||17:10 - 18:40||418 €||76||ALS_A22|
|1st half||Tuesday & Thursday||17:10 - 18:40||418 €||76||ALS_B11|
|2nd half||Monday & Wednesday||7:15 - 8:45||385 €||70||ALS_B12A|
|2nd half||Tuesday & Thursday||18:45 - 20:15||418 €||76||ALS_B12C|
|1st half||Monday & Wednesday||7:15 - 8:45||385 €||70||ALS_B21A|
|1st half||Monday & Wednesday||17:10 - 18:40||385 €||70||ALS_B21B|
|2nd half||Tuesday & Thursday||17:10 - 18:40||418 €||76||ALS_B22B|
|2nd half||Monday & Wednesday||18:45 - 20:15||385 €||70||ALS_B22C|
|1st half||Monday & Wednesday||18:45 - 20:15||385 €||70||ALS_C11|
|2nd half||Tuesday & Thursday||7:15 - 8:45||418 €||76||ALS_C12A|
|2nd half||Monday & Wednesday||17:10 - 18:40||385 €||70||ALS_C12C|
The educational material is not included in the course fee; however, it can be purchased at a 15% discount right at our premises.
Are the dates inconvenient for you? Try out the Online English course
The minimum age limit for a student to be admitted to an English course is 15 years old, therefore the language course groups are places where different generations meet. For younger learners, please see our offer of English courses for children and English courses for teenagers.
Basic information about General English courses at IH Bratislava
- The maximum number of the students in the class is 10.
- The study is divided into two semesters: summer semester (September - January) and winter semester (February - June).
- The courses are based on specially designed educational material and the lessons include all the skills: writing, grammar, reading, listening, communication
- All the levels of the English language may feature alternating qualified teachers, out of whom there is a native speaker at least once a week. At higher levels, both of the teachers are native speakers.
We guarantee that all your skills will improve by one language level within a year. Simply, you will speak more fluently, respond more promptly and understand spoken English much better.
The course fee includes:
- The on-line placement test
- An opportunity to purchase the educational material, the course book and workbook, at a reduced price at the school premises
- Regular personal assessment of the student´s skills by the teacher
- Self-study recommendations (there is a fiction library at the students´ disposal)
- Final testing
- The International House Bratislava certificate (The minimum pass rate of 65% in the test and 60% attendance in a semester are required)
The team of experienced teachers are a guarantee of quality and innovative teaching methods. The prescribed course books are used in the lessons and all the teachers do their best to fulfil the established goals of the course. Many of the teachers also make use of additional resources including newspaper articles, on-line materials produced by prestigious publishing houses, up-to-date videos, and films, which all contribute to developing the practical English language skills.
Flexibility is our school´s forte. You can be transferred to a higher or lower level within a school year, if recommended by the teacher. You can sign up for the Cambridge exams.
You can continue in the exam preparation courses in the next semester, or you can take part in specialized courses: Business English or Legal English.
If you find Bratislava too small, you may ask for an offer of language education at any of the 150 International House schools in 50 countries of the world via our product study abroad.